Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Vegan Fondant Recipe

For an upcoming wedding cake order I ventured into experimenting with the making of vegan fondant.

It took a few tries but with a few recommendations and adapting a couple recipes I finally had my batch of vegan fondant.

Along that journey I took a lot of pictures with the goal to share a Vegan Fondant Tutorial with you all.


Here are all the ingredients that you will need:

How to Make Vegan Fondant?


3/4 tsp agar agar powder
1/8 cup cold water
1/4 cup glucose (I use light corn syrup)
1 tbsp vegetable shortening
1/2 tablespoon glycerin
a little more than 1 lb (4 cups) powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or other flavoring

This makes enough to cover one 8" - 10" round cake.

For further instructions visit the blog post here.

Soon I will also make available a printer-friendly download version.


I am looking forward to hearing you responses and feedback if you are going to try out this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment